Microsoft announced the availability of Windows 8 Beta version for public at Barcelona, Spain on 29th Feb 2012. And after the long wait for next version from Microsoft, Windows8 Consumer Preview (32-bit and 64-bit) is available for download. You can download the ISO files of 64-bit and 32-bit.
Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview (64-bit) ISO (3.3 GB)
Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview (32-bit) ISO (2.5 GB)
Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J
Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7. However the details are listed below.
Related: Windows 8 Keyboard Shortcuts List
System Requirements for Windows 8 Consumer Preview:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch.
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.